Sunday, October 26, 2008

introductions

in my infinite quest to subdue productivity, i have exhausted all means and have turned to the internet to fulfill my procrastination needs. there's only so much lurking you can do on myspace, so much bumperstickering on facebook, and so forth. so as i skimmed through a few blogs, i thought to myself: why dont i contribute to this ever growing world of blogging? i suppose it'll be a good way to project my thoughts and opinions upon the world wide web, lose focus on school work, but, for most part, so i wont seem and feel so i MIA. 

what's my thought today?-----why am i such a recluse?
truth be told, i love being alone. odd? yes. but this is what makes my public appearances all the more captivating.
san diego has thus far been a mediocre experience (i expect it to only get better). 
i hate the getting to know you stage. the stage in which you introduce yourself and display the fakest part of your character. you are socially required to be polite and amiable. (not my style...i prefer rude and ruthless) but im over that shit. when i meet people i dont think i'll like, i'll probably ignore them unless you attempt to impress me with some gem of your idiosyncratic knowledge. most, i warn you now, fail. 
however, there are the few, the proud, the marines (not so much the marines), that will succeed in attaining my interest. pray you may be one of them. 

example of what NOT to do:
1. introduce yourself in an exaggeratedly loud voice so as to assure that all else within a mile radius see that you are capable of socializing, (i hardly deem asking 'whats your name?' socializing) with strangers.
2. proceed to impress me with how much you can bench, drink, spend, fuck, etc or inadvertently explain why you are better than those slutty whores, which you ironically call friends, because you in your demure, modest, and classy way are much sluttier than they are. 
3. assume that i am indeed impressed.
4. pretend like youre best friends with everyone in the circle to prove that your socializing skills have yet to fail you.

hahaha. well yet again my cynical and sarcastic nature got the better of me. however, dont take this the wrong way---i am fully capable of being fake and uninteresting. but to those who would rather be real and engaging, im available.

i hope you enjoyed my introduction. hello, blogspot community.

so heres to faking fondness, finding friends, and forgetting fools.
amen.

2 comments:

kimberrrrrlyx3 said...

oooh venegas.

Stephy said...

Alright Ms. Hardass. I miss you..come back or else I will cry again.